Monday, April 14, 2014

GVCC Blomfield, NY Circuit Race

Beautiful day in the Finger lakes of upstate NY.
This is my first time racing the road in upstate NY, where I spent my childhood.
I was in western NY as I had to travel into St. Catherines, Canada for the law component of my Professional Practice Exam. This must be passed for engineering licensure in Canada.
While I was in the area I visited my family near Canandaigua and found some fellow cyclist looking to ride hard. Thanks to the Genesse Valley Cycling Club who put the race on.

Hilly and windy, this would describe the biggest challengers of the P1, 2 race on Sunday.
With about 50 on the line it looked to be a restless day in the saddle. The course contained over 1000k climbing per lap/6 laps.

The race was Marshaled and really well organized which you cannot always assume will be the case. On top of this the boys were just a good bunch of friendly cyclist in the peleton, big bonus adding to the fun factor.

This is one of the climbs on course, these would split the peleton over and over. No Groupo Compacto today!

This turned out to be a really hard "April" race for me.
Meaning that I was seeing HR peaks around 189 bpm, mostly on some of the longer climbing sections when the boys decided this would be separation time.
I mustered a 16th, man that hurt at times.
I am simply Counting this effort as a "deposit in the bank."
Keep on Riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment