Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hammer Issue No. 1 - Tough Workout Supplements

As a year round athlete, father, husband, and working professional I often struggle to find the balance of training and competing at a very high level. Since 2003 I have been using Hammer Nutrition products and since 2008 I have been using them as a sponsored athlete. I rely on the products from Hammer to keep me healthy and strong, mentally and physically. 
I will be writing in this blog a series of supplement and training protocols that I have found work for me in my busy life. I have utilized these approaches over and over when racing the NUE series and it has helped me produce multiple top 10 results in the men's open pro field.

So here is Issue No. 1
When you have a long, tough workout planned, you need the best supplement support possible to help you get the most out of every minute you put into these arduous training sessions. That s precisely when and where I go to Hammer Nutrition products! This time of the year, when training volume & intensity increases, is the perfect opportunity to put these products to work for you.

Below is a protocol I put together for the athletes of Downeast Racing.
30-120 minutes prior to the workout
  • 1-2 Race Caps Supreme
  • 2-4 Anti-Fatigue Caps
  • 2-4 Endurance Amino
  • 1-3 Endurolytes
Every hour during the workout, starting at hour #2
  • 1-2 Race Caps Supreme
  • 2-4 Anti-Fatigue Caps
  • 2-4 Endurance Amino
  • 1-3 Endurolytes (more if weather dictates its necessity)
After the workout is over
  • Recoverite within the first 20 minutes 
  • 4-7 Premium Insurance Caps (with a similar dose taken with a later meal)
  • 1-2 Race Caps Supreme
  • 1-2 Mito Caps
  • 1 AO Booster (with another capsule taken with a later meal)
  • 1-2 Super Antioxidant
  • 2-4 Endurance Amino
If you have questions regarding Hammer Nutrition products feel free to ask and I will reply.
RIDE ON!
- Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment